PHP Login System with Admin Features

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

2 posters

mattastic
    mattastic

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-10-11

avatar system - Page 2 Empty Re: avatar system

Post  mattastic Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

i get a "Username not registered" when i try to display it in my index.php. it would be cool to have a members list page. like have it so instead of just displaying the username where it says "memeber total" it has a avatar above it too.
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Post  Linchpin311 Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:35 am

let me work on a member list type script for you. its not an overly hard script to write but im starting a new job today so im trying to focus on that. Ill probably end up doing it tonight or tomorrow.

anyway, so youre getting a "Username not registered" error. what does your URL look like? It should look something like www.example.com/somepage.php?username=some_username. You'll have to pass the username to the URL in the page before you want to display the avatar on. Because on the page we display the image we run a query based on $_GET['username']. As long as the username in the URL is valid and exists you should not be getting that "Username not registered" error. understand what were trying to do here?
    mattastic
    mattastic

Post  mattastic Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 am

thats would be awesome thanks and thats a good idea too because other could use it as well. the url just says /index.php at the end.
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Post  Linchpin311 Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 am

ok so you want your avatar displayed on the index page? try changing $req_user = trim($_GET['user']); to $req_user = $session->username;.

this will use the user who is currently logged in for the query and (hopefully) return his avatar.
    mattastic
    mattastic

Post  mattastic Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 am

got it to work - thanks Very Happy
    mattastic
    mattastic

Post  mattastic Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 am

anyone know how to get this to work with the forum here? https://jpmaster77forum.forumotion.com/hacks-and-modifications-f4/simple-message-board-t111.htm i want all the users avatar to appear under their username.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:26 am