PHP Login System with Admin Features

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

2 posters

Users Messaging System

mstevenson
    mstevenson

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-05-29

Users Messaging System Empty Users Messaging System

Post  mstevenson Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 am

Sometimes if a message is sent containing more than one punctuation mark it will not be sent. I purposely sent messages with a combination of multiple exclamation points (i.e. !!!!!) and sometimes it would actually be sent and sometimes not.

Another observation is that if there are more than one message in the inbox, the system will only update the status of the first message that was read. Any subsequent messages that you read will all contain the same message subject as the first message and they will not update there status. Once you delete the first message, reading the next message will allow an update of the status of that second message and the Subject that second message will be that message that was actually sent. In other words, until the first read message is deleted, nothing else in the inbox will contain/update the correct information!

I've had this problem on both the unaltered version and my highly modified version (only cosmetically modified); no additional fields used on either version.

I'm just going to comment out the mail system until a fix is worked out by someone. If I manage to work out a fix myself, I certainly will post it.

BTW: I did not see any referrence to the messaging system in process.php, session.php, nor database.php.

1.) In constants.php I see: define("ABSPATH", dirname(__FILE__).'/'); suggestion on how this field should look?

2.) The define("MAIL", true) is intact.

Take care,
    mstevenson
    saytinh
    saytinh

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-10-17

Users Messaging System Empty Re: Users Messaging System

Post  saytinh Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I am designing a website in which users can send messages to one
    another. Each user will have a mailbox where they can read their
    incoming and outgoing messages and delete them if necessary. Anyone