PHP Login System with Admin Features

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

2 posters

Admin link access violation

elvin66
    elvin66

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Admin link access violation Empty Admin link access violation

Post  elvin66 Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi there

I'm really happy to find this forum to continue Jtmasters great work. I have the script running but when I login as 'admin' and click on the '[Admin Center]' link I get this error....

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'your_name'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/elepho5/public_html/login/include/database.php on line 24
    Access denied for user 'your_name'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have registered various different Admin accounts and checked mysql database to make sure they are in there with level 9. Does anyone know what this means ???
    Fred-Eric
    Fred-Eric

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Admin link access violation Empty Re: Admin link access violation

Post  Fred-Eric Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

Did you move the constants.php file because this error means that you connot connect to the database using 'your_name'@'localhost' so check if your DB_NAME, DB_SERVER, DB_PASS or are set correctly in the constant.php file and also check the database.php file on line 24...
    elvin66
    elvin66

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Post  elvin66 Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Fred-Eric wrote:Did you move the constants.php file because this error means that you connot connect to the database using 'your_name'@'localhost' so check if your DB_NAME, DB_SERVER, DB_PASS or are set correctly in the constant.php file and also check the database.php file on line 24...

You're a genious. Thank you ! My mistake was thinking that because 'database.php' had the line 'include("constants.php");' and in constants.php the variables have already been set with my login details and database name etc... that I would not need to change line 24 in database.php to my exact details for connection. This prooves me wrong but I don't understand why it happened.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:49 am