PHP Login System with Admin Features

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

+8
j
bman900
Helios
phpwalter
elvin66
Fred-Eric
Linchpin311
travelfrog
12 posters

Send a registration activation email

Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Send a registration activation email - Page 2 Empty quest

Post  Linchpin311 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:26 pm

first off elvin, i wanna say i really love people like you. you and questions your make programmers around you better.

now, onto business. you see this?
    Code:
    /* Verify that user is in database */
    $q = "SELECT password FROM ".TBL_USERS." WHERE username = '$username'";
    $result = mysql_query($q, $this->connection);
    if(!$result || (mysql_numrows($result) < 1)){
    return 1; //Indicates username failure
    }

that should be right about the code we are having problems with. see the line that queries the database? the query is only returning the password. where it says SELECT password FROM change it to SELECT * FROM and let me know what that does for you.
    elvin66
    elvin66

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Send a registration activation email - Page 2 Empty Re: Send a registration activation email

Post  elvin66 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:58 am

I don't believe it !!!!! I made that small change and it works exactly correct now ! What I don't understand is why ? You got rid of the word 'password' and replaced it with a '*'

In a million years I would never have thought of that. I'm sure you are going to enlighten me <G>. I imagine it is quite good that I do have programming experience with Delphi as I can pick out things that don't look right to me. Some languages are similar in some ways but on the whole, I am falling in love with Php !

What country are you from buddy ?
    elvin66
    elvin66

Send a registration activation email - Page 2 Empty Re: Send a registration activation email

Post  elvin66 Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:06 am

Warning: fopen(activation/1385147461.junkyard.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/elepho5/public_html/login/include/session.php on line 439

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elepho5/public_html/login/include/session.php:439) in /home/elepho5/public_html/login/process.php on line 105

I just tried to register a new user and got these errors. It seems it won't create the file for verification. Any thoughts?
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 am

make sure your webserver has full rights to the activation folder. that should do it for you.
    phpwalter
    phpwalter

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Send a registration activation email - Page 2 Empty user reg mods

Post  phpwalter Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 pm

I made a few little changes to the user mod system you created here...

I added a constant...
    Code:
    /**
     * Define the URL root path for this system
     * Don't forget the closing slash!'
     */
    define ('WEB_ROOT', 'http://yourdomain.tld/' );

I changed the $content code (in session.php) that the mod system creates in the ACTIVATION directory.

I used the existing db connection constants instead of hard coding these values again...

Code:
              $content = "<?php\n\n"
                        . 'require_once \'../include/constants.php\';' . "\n\n"
                        . '$link = mysql_connect(DB_SERVER,DB_USER,DB_PASS) or die(mysql_error());' . "\n\n"
                        . 'mysql_select_db(DB_NAME,$link) or die(mysql_error());' . "\n\n"
                        . '$q = "UPDATE `users` SET `userlevel` = 2 WHERE `username` = \'' . $subuser  . "'\";\n\n"
                        . 'mysql_query($q, $link);' . "\n\n"
                        . '?>';

I modified the mailer.php portion, as well, to use the new WEB_ROOT constant...

Code:
                ."My Account page after signing in.\n\n"
                .'Please follow this <a href="' . WEB_ROOT . $file . '">link</a>'
                ."to activate your account.\n"
                .'If the link doesn\'t work, paste "' . WEB_ROOT . $file . '" into the address '
                ."bar of your internet browser.\n\n"
                ."- Jpmaster77's Site";

I just made this a bit simpler. Now you don't need to hard code your db access in 2 places.

Thanks for the mod, it worked great!

Walter
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:00 pm

yea, i like what you've done with it. hopefully in the very near future (depending on my work situation) i will release some updated how-to's for everyone. would you mind if i incorporated some of your ideas into them?
    elvin66
    elvin66

Post  elvin66 Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Linchpin311 wrote:make sure your webserver has full rights to the activation folder. that should do it for you.

That is odd ? It has permissions set as 755 which is full access. It is in the same folder as the login scripts. The path must be set correctly otherwise it would be having an error "File not Found" right ? I'll have a play with it. I might even create a file with the same name and put it in the activation folder and see if it will mail it
    elvin66
    elvin66

Post  elvin66 Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Actually, I just tested the "Forgot Password" link and although it returned with sucsess, I never got the email. I'm wondering if I might have missed something in the setup. When I used the sendbulkmail script, the mail server did send me an email but it only sent it to one email address listed in the address box and I had 5 emails in there all separated properly. The code creates an array and collects every email address from user table and inserts them correctly but it sends it to only one ???

The email part I must not have setup right.....AArgggg
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 pm

elvin66 wrote:The email part I must not have setup right
    did you ever figure out your email settings?
    elvin66
    elvin66

Post  elvin66 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:06 am

I must apologise for my non response to your last question. I read you post and responded, and I have been waiting for days and days for you to respond to my posting, so I just went and checked out the forum and found my post never got published. Please accept my sincere apologies for this misshap.

As for my response, I never did get it sorted out. If you go to http://www.elepho.com/login you can register an account and see if you get an email but I don't think you will. I will upgrade you to admin so you can see what is happening in that area as well.

What I really need to sort out, is I have installed WampServer 2.0 and I need to be able to test this login script locally rather than upload scripts all night long. My problem is, I can get normal php scripts working on localhost buy the script will not. I think it is a problem with my database but can't locate the actual problem.

When I run the main.php (which is now index.php) I get a bunch of code from one of the scripts, then below that I see my login script, then a few php errors. This is just a portion of the crap I see on my screen...

time = time(); $this->startSession(); } /** * startSession - Performs all the actions necessary to * initialize this session object. Tries to determine if the * the user has logged in already, and sets the variables * accordingly. Also takes advantage of this page load to * update the active visitors tables. */ function startSession(){ global $database; //The database connection session_start(); //Tell PHP to start the session /* Determine if user is logged in */ $this->logged_in = $this->checkLogin(); /** * Set guest value to users not logged in, and update * active

Any ideas ? On how to debug my local database conncetion ?
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Elvin,

i couldnt register to your site, i kept getting the registration failed error, dont know whats going on there...

as for you working out problems with your WAMP server, are you sure you have it set up for PHP correctly? try the old <?php echo 'hello world!'; ?> test. if it is working correctly, you should only see the text "hello world" (without the quotes). If you are seeing anything else, something is wrong.

I installed a WAMP server on my XP machine, but i hardly ever use it. I will play around with it some more. Also, what version are you using? and finally post anything else you think i might need to know. in the end, i am very confident we will get this sorted out.
    elvin66
    elvin66

Post  elvin66 Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:44 pm

I don't know why you couldn't register, it has been working fine yikes ! I just tried and got the same problem so I'll play with it and fix it. As for WampServer it is 2.0 the latest version and php is version 5.2.9.1 and mysql is version 5.1.32 all latest versions. I have many test php files that run on the local server. I can "include" files and it all works great. I'm thinking it may be some problem accessing the database.

I might create a simple page that includes session.php and database.php that checks for user names in the database and see if I can get that to work.

I was just thinking, would it be easier if I zipped up my scripts including the directory structure and emailed it to you and see if you can find the problems first hand ? I mean see if you can run it on your localhost ? If so let me know and I'll send it to you...
    Helios
    Helios

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-04-21

Send a registration activation email - Page 2 Empty Login Failiure

Post  Helios Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I modded the template as you instructed, works fine.

Coudl you help me create function to delete the user's file after activation, and then delete the user's: username (from mysql database) and file (from server) after say 9 days without activation?
    bman900
    bman900

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  bman900 Sat May 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Well everything seems to work but am not getting the email even though I have it set 'true' in the constants. Any ideas?

I also get the following error on my main.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/44/d272374679/htdocs/draft/include/session.php on line 458

Is there a way you can upload your files that work with this modification?
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Sun May 10, 2009 8:52 pm

thats an odd error to be getting. can you post like ten lines around the line where you are getting this error?
    bman900
    bman900

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  bman900 Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 am

I lost everything for now because I have been trying to get the whole lock out after X attempts.
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Mon May 11, 2009 11:38 pm

well when you are ready to come back to this i'll be here
    j
    j

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  j Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:19 am

Hello i need help am getting this error message when i have followed the tutorial

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/tomorro1/public_html/process.php on line 196

I have read other ppl comments but, i have seen that no 1 else has had a problem with the process php.

Please some help me
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:21 am

post everything from lines 190 to 200
    j
    j

Post  j Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 am

Thank you in advance

line 189 /* Error found with form */
    else{
    $_SESSION['value_array'] = $_POST;
    $_SESSION['error_array'] = $form->getErrorArray();
    header("Location: ".$session->referrer);
    }
    }
    };

/* Initialize process */
    $process = new Process;

line 201 ?>
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:39 am

heh, well that strategy didnt work. Your 10 lines of code looks fine to me. Is it possible you have put an extra } in your code? Try matching up all of your { to your } and see if you can track down the culprit.
    j
    j

Post  j Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 am

Thank you mate that worked fine. I have another problem when i click the link for activation it does not work can you help me again please.
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:23 pm

explain exactly what is or isnt happening? are you getting any errors? also are you trying this on a local or live server.
    j
    j

Post  j Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:52 pm

I am using a live server and once i reg i get the activate email once i click the link there are no errors but the page is blank. I then go to the login form and type in the details and its says account not activated.
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm

try turning error reporting on by typing something like error_reporting(E_ALL); somewhere on the script that prints that blank page. then try registering again and clicking the link. hopefully an error will come up and give us some more information about whats happening to you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:29 am