PHP Login System with Admin Features

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

2 posters

HELP!!! Users can login with any password

madtail
    madtail

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-02-14

HELP!!! Users can login with any password Empty HELP!!! Users can login with any password

Post  madtail Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi,
    My users can login with any password, if it's correct or not. It doesn't seem to check if the password is correct, but it does notice if the password field is empty. Sad I have checked the session.php, database.php and process.php and they look fine. I even restored them to their original, NOTHING WORKS!!!

I am not sure when this problem started as I didn't try to login with wrong passwords.

Please help
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

HELP!!! Users can login with any password Empty Re: HELP!!! Users can login with any password

Post  Linchpin311 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:43 am

wow, i can see how this can be a problem. lol.

alright well, the script 99.9% of the time right out of the box as long as your database and constants are set up correctly. assuming they are, what kinda of modifications have you made to the script?
    madtail
    madtail

HELP!!! Users can login with any password Empty Re: HELP!!! Users can login with any password

Post  madtail Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 am

I've added some new session variables but that's it, nothing major. It's like the database page doesn't exist but there are no errors being thrown at me. Apart from the session variables, I’ve done nothing else to the script.

The confirmUserPass() function doesn't seem to return any value. It’s like it doesn't exist.

Code:
    $result = $database->confirmUserPass($subuser, md5($subpass));

I hope that's the right function...
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 pm

well when the script works correctly, and a user enters a valid user name and password the function should return 0. this might be why it looks like there is no value returned in the function.

i am curious if the function is indeed returning 0 and not some other value ...or no value at all. do you think you could change the values the function is suppose to return to a string. first, open up database.php and find the confirmUserPass function and replace it with the following:

Code:
      function confirmUserPass($username, $password){
          /* Add slashes if necessary (for query) */
          if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
             $username = addslashes($username);
          }

/* Verify that user is in database */
          $q = "SELECT password FROM ".TBL_USERS." WHERE username = '$username'";
          $result = mysql_query($q, $this->connection);
          if(!$result || (mysql_numrows($result) < 1)){
            return 'a'; //Indicates username failure
          }

/* Retrieve password from result, strip slashes */
          $dbarray = mysql_fetch_array($result);
          $dbarray['password'] = stripslashes($dbarray['password']);
          $password = stripslashes($password);

/* Validate that password is correct */
          if($password == $dbarray['password']){
            return 'c'; //Success! Username and password confirmed
          }
          else{
            return 'b'; //Indicates password failure
          }
      }

then you would have to change the conditional in session.php to match the new values the function will return. just under $result = $database->confirmUserPass($subuser, md5($subpass)); look for where the script checks the error codes (originally on line 155) and replace it with this:

Code:
          /* Check error codes */
          if($result == 'a'){
            $field = "user";
            $form->setError($field, "* Username not found");
          }
          else if($result == 'b'){
            $field = "pass";
            $form->setError($field, "* Invalid password");
          }
          else{
             $field = "user";
             $form->setError($field, "TRIGGERED ERROR:<BR><BR>result: $result<BR>username: $subuser<BR>password (no md5): $subpass<BR>password (md5): " . md5($subpass));
          }

that last else statement should stop the script from executing regardless of what the function returned. it should also display a few clues as to whats happening here. when we get this all worked out well have to remove that little bit of code.

try this and let me know what the script does now.
    madtail
    madtail

Post  madtail Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Works now Very Happy thanks
    Linchpin311
    Linchpin311

Post  Linchpin311 Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 pm

great, glad i could help!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:49 am